China Chiristian Daily

- August 24, 2017 -

Church

Beijing Haidian Church Holds Missionary Commissioning Service for Three New Campuses

By Josiah Li
on March 19, 2017 02:03 AM

commissioning-service-in-haidian-church-of-beijing
Commissioning Service in Haidian Church of Beijing: The commissioned believers for new campuses are praying, led by Rev. Wu Weiqing.(credit: Haidian Church)
commissioning-service-in-haidian-church
Commissioning Service in Haidian Church: The commissioned staff (church believers) for new campuses.(credit: Haidian Church )

On March 12, 2017, the Beijing Haidian Church held a commissioning service for three new campuses after the third Sunday service. 

According to the church, senior pastor Rev. Wu Weiqing presided the service and he citing Psalm 34 to encourage three commissioned staff. They received handwritten versions of the Bible and hymnals as gifts.

The campuses, located in Haidian District, are led by Rev. Bian Wen-ai, Tian Yumen and Rev. Xu Ruiying. 

Founded in 1915, the Haidian Christian Church has served the community for almost a century. It was the Christians in Qinghua University who first gave donations and purchased six commercial apartments on Haidian South Street for the church. Under the supervision of Rev. Li Benyuan, renovations were completed and the church was named "the Evangelical China Fellowship". It was on October 6, 1915 when it started serving the public. Mr. Wang Jishan was the first director of the church.

Soon afterward, the Board of Directors was established in 1918, and Mr. Liu Tingfang served as the first president of the Board. In the fall of 1925, the congregational church officially approved that the Evangelical China Fellowship be renamed "Haidian Christian Church". 

Translated by Karen Luo

Share this article:

Related Article

Must Read

comments powered by Disqus

More from CCD

Jilu book store

Weather

Top Topics

China Christian Daily

Copyright © 2017 The China Christian Daily , INC. All Rights Reserved.