6 Bible Scriptures on Beauty
By Mei Manuel, March 20, 2017 00:03 AM
Nowadays, people tend to have a different concept of beauty as many often look at what's outside rather than what's on the inside. Celebrities become the benchmark for many in terms of what should be their target image, while billion-dollar industries sell the public expensive items to help them feel better of their outer appearance.
In the Bible, it does not have a clear definition of what beauty is, but it expressed that it is something given by God and it does not focus on only one's outer appearance.
Here are six Bible scriptures to reflect on when it comes to understanding beauty:
1. One thing I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple' (Psalm 27:4).
2. 'Do not adorn yourselves outwardly by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing; rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in God's sight' (1 Peter 3: 3-4)
3. 'The glory of youths is their strength, but the beauty of the aged is their grey hair' (Proverbs 20:2).
4. The nations shall see your vindication, and all the kings your glory; and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will give. You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God' (Isaiah 62: 2-3).
5. 'Your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of my splendour that I had bestowed on you, says the Lord God' (Ezekiel 16:14).
6. 'The rich will disappear like a flower in the field. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the field; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. It is the same with the rich; in the midst of a busy life, they will wither away' (James 1: 10-11).
More from CCD
Listen to Pope Francis' latest sermon for this Spring and how relates to Christian growth.
Check out how 'I Can Only Imagine' star Dennis Quaid changed after the movie and how his faith had blossomed further.
The fourth "Nanjing Peace Pilgrimage"took place in Nanjing from March 10 to 13, 2018, attended by members from the YWCAs of Japan and China.
Which verses from the Bible should you read if you wish to heal yourself from heartaches and other problems?
Is failure really the end or is it the beginning?
Recently CCD interviewed Long Guangyuan, the choir director, to share their first international trips.
Which verses should you read when you feel that evil targets you?
Find out which elements in this new movie are inspired by the Bible.
Since 2015, Heilongjiang Theological Seminary has launched a campaign to read the entire Bible at the beginning of each semester.
The memorial service for Professor Mo Ruxi, a former vice dean of Nanjing Union Theological Seminary(NUTS), was held in Nanjing.