On June 1 and 2, 2018, a new church was dedicated in Dachengxi Village, Tumd Right Banner, Baotou, Inner Mongolia.
65 clergies consisting of pastors, curates and elders made a prayer for the consecration of the church.
The century-old church started with a Christian named Wang Wancai who was a businessman at his young time. In 1903, the Swedish missionaries, Pastor Gusduv Oberg and his wife, introduced the gospel into Salaqi, the banner's center town. Swedish missionaries founded infant care rooms, schools, and hospitals in the banner. When a massive natural disaster struck the banner in 1929, missionaries gave porridge and rice to victims and did good works for locals.
In 1917, Wang accidentally walked into a church built by Swedish people, and since then, became the regular visitor. Then he converted to Christianity.
He shared the gospel with his family. Later his sick wife believed in the Lord and showed spiritual fervor. Their family became the first host family in the village. The congregation numbered over 30. In 1984, an old house was purchased to be used as a place of worship.
In 1988, Zhang Aisheng, the church's head, led to construct the first church that was in use for 26 years. In 2011, some believers spent 40,000 yuan to buy a dairy farm with an area of 3,075 square meters (0.75 acres).
A two-story church with an area of 1,996 square meters (0.49 acres) was completed in 2017.
- Translated by Karen Luo