Chinese Church Should Avoid These Problems, Pastor Says
By Ruth Wang, April 17, 2019 09:04 AM
Since Robert Morrison brought the gospel into China more than two centuries ago, the Chinese Protestant church has gone through several stages of development. The last forty years have seen multiple growths of Chinese Christians and churches. However, the church in China has faced many challenges and chaos.
Pastor H who has gained experiences in various kinds of churches in the past decades shared that many churches were plagued by much chaos. He summarized "three chaos", "three overemphasises", and "three faults" that cause troubles to the church.
1. Disordered reception. The Bible proclaims a principled reception that Christians should receive the Lord's servants who give correct and clear-cut teachings. Nonetheless, many grassroots churches often receive pastors from various places, many of whom preach wrong doctrines and heresy teachings.
2. Inappropriate personnel use. Talented people act as a key factor in church development. There are four methods of using people - putting right people in wrong positions, wrong people in the right places, wrong people in wrong positions, and the right people in the right places. Which one of the four is correct? We need to put the right people in the right jobs.
3. Financial management confusion. Many churches are very unclear in financial management and encounter many problems. The three factors are the roots of why a large percentage of churches are troubled by confusions.
"Three overemphasises": Many churches and teams lay too much stress on knowledge, gifts, and talents, failing to focus on characters.
1. Authority bondage. A number of churches regard leaders as the truth and guide congregations with personal authority rather than life, characters, and truth.
2. Financial monopoly. If a pastor or co-worker doesn't obey his or her church leader, the head imposes "financial sanctions" on him or her.
3. Guidance by the flesh. Some church leaders substitute the way of God with the method of man and the will of God with the will of man.
- Translated by Karen Luo
More from CCD
According to the church, the long tradition is supposed to support theological education and financially disadvantaged and sick believers in the province.
On September 18, 2019, Suzhou Luzhi Church of Jiangsu started a training program for 26 volunteers.
An essay on the possible conflicting views of sociology and theology towards Christianity and how Chinese Church should be built
Zhuen Church in Cang'an County, Wenzhou, Zhejiang province held the opening ceremony & worship service of the evening Bible school.
On September 15, 2019, a new church in Xianshuigu Town, Jinnan District, Tianjin, was dedicated.
The story began with a pastor who led a reviving church in the new era. People called him Rev. Dong.
On September 15, 2019, Shenzhen Shatoujiao Church held the second training program for group leaders.
The social service staff as well as church volunteers of the Jesus Church in Yicheng District, Zaozhuang, Shandong province paid visits to rural nursing homes.
Nanzhan Church of Dongfeng County, Liaoyuan, Jilin province held its fifth fun sports activity.
On September 5, 2019, the sacred music choir of Shenzhen Xiangmihu Church was officially founded.