8 Verses to Read this Palm Sunday
By Mei Manuel, March 24, 2018 22:03 PM
This coming Sunday, Christians worldwide will be celebrating Jesus Christ's arrival in Jerusalem on the first Palm Sunday. However, not many realize the significance of the palms or Palm Sunday as it is only mentioned in the Gospel of John and it is often overshadowed by Good Friday.
Nonetheless, the celebration is important to the story of salvation and all should praise the Lord for the coming of the King on this special day.
Here are some of the verses you should read this Palm Sunday:
1. He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes (Deuteronomy 10:21).
2. I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! (Deuternomy 32:3).
3. Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I, even I, will sing to the Lord; I will praise the Lord, the God of Israel, in song (Judges 5:3).
4. The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Saviour! (2 Samuel 22:47).
5. Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done (1 Chronicles 16:8).
6. I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High (Psalm 7:17).
7. The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the Lord will praise him - may your hearts live forever! (Psalm 22:26).
8. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God (Psalm 43:5).
More from CCD
Since March 27, 2018, the Guangzhou YWCA has been posting a series of children's sex education cartoons on its WeChat account to help parents spread correct sex education to their children.
On April 10, 2018, a three-person delegation from Bible League International, including President Jos Snoep, visited CCC&TSPM.
Being near is not a matter of geography. Jesus is everywhere.
Which Bible verses should you read this Palm Sunday?
Listen to Pope Francis' latest sermon for this Spring and how relates to Christian growth.
Check out how 'I Can Only Imagine' star Dennis Quaid changed after the movie and how his faith had blossomed further.
The fourth "Nanjing Peace Pilgrimage"took place in Nanjing from March 10 to 13, 2018, attended by members from the YWCAs of Japan and China.
Which verses from the Bible should you read if you wish to heal yourself from heartaches and other problems?
Is failure really the end or is it the beginning?
A guest professor gave a lecture named "A Glance Back: Chinese Women in the Past Forty Years" in Beijing.