8 Verses to Read this Palm Sunday
By Mei Manuel, March 24, 2018 22:03 PM
This coming Sunday, Christians worldwide will be celebrating Jesus Christ's arrival in Jerusalem on the first Palm Sunday. However, not many realize the significance of the palms or Palm Sunday as it is only mentioned in the Gospel of John and it is often overshadowed by Good Friday.
Nonetheless, the celebration is important to the story of salvation and all should praise the Lord for the coming of the King on this special day.
Here are some of the verses you should read this Palm Sunday:
1. He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes (Deuteronomy 10:21).
2. I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! (Deuternomy 32:3).
3. Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I, even I, will sing to the Lord; I will praise the Lord, the God of Israel, in song (Judges 5:3).
4. The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Saviour! (2 Samuel 22:47).
5. Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done (1 Chronicles 16:8).
6. I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High (Psalm 7:17).
7. The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the Lord will praise him - may your hearts live forever! (Psalm 22:26).
8. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God (Psalm 43:5).
More from CCD
The hymn My Life Doesn't Belong to Me has been popular among Christians in China's three northeastern provinces.
In May, the Foshan CCC&TSPM of Guangdong held a training program for about 70 clergies and volunteer workers in the local Laien Church.
Ten members of Lengshuitan Christian Church's volunteer team visited the leprosy rehabilitation village in Xianglingkou, Yangcundian to bring the holiday's greetings.
God will never forsake nor leave us.
Sometimes, what and who we pray for is not God's will for us.
A Christian nursing home in Shaanxi is renowned locally for its attentive service and beautiful environment but develops from a very difficult start.
Expect great things from God.
How should we value time? Check out the Bible verses you should read to help you get started.
A six-person delegation of Finnish Bible Society visited CCC&TSPM.
How humble can you get when you don't feel like being one?