8 Verses to Read this Palm Sunday
By Mei Manuel, March 24, 2018 22:03 PM
This coming Sunday, Christians worldwide will be celebrating Jesus Christ's arrival in Jerusalem on the first Palm Sunday. However, not many realize the significance of the palms or Palm Sunday as it is only mentioned in the Gospel of John and it is often overshadowed by Good Friday.
Nonetheless, the celebration is important to the story of salvation and all should praise the Lord for the coming of the King on this special day.
Here are some of the verses you should read this Palm Sunday:
1. He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes (Deuteronomy 10:21).
2. I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! (Deuternomy 32:3).
3. Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I, even I, will sing to the Lord; I will praise the Lord, the God of Israel, in song (Judges 5:3).
4. The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Saviour! (2 Samuel 22:47).
5. Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done (1 Chronicles 16:8).
6. I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High (Psalm 7:17).
7. The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the Lord will praise him - may your hearts live forever! (Psalm 22:26).
8. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God (Psalm 43:5).
More from CCD
A group of Christians have sold their houses and given up their stable jobs to voluntarily serve in leprosy rehabilitation villages across China all year round.
To mark the centenary of the much-cherished Bible version published in 1919 in Shanghai, the Church in China held a thanksgiving service and a symposium from 15-17 January 2019.
During the 2019 Spring Festival, a large Christian nursing home in Northeast China sent clothes to and prepared dishes for its elderly residents along with other Christians and non-Christians.
Christian Dalian Xishan Gospel Church held its inauguration ceremony.
The Press began operating in 1987 and Amity Printing Company (APC) was established in 1988 in a joint venture between Amity Foundation (AF), a charity foundation set up by Chinese Christian leaders, and the United Bible Societies (UBS).
From 14th to 16th November, the 2018 Bible in China (BIC) seminar kicked off its annual seminar to the theme of "Bible and A Shared Future for Humankind" with a focus on "Migration and Community".
How could we deal with a lot of work?
What's the greatest gift you have ever received?
He knows you.
Gluttony is a sin.