SARA Promulgates Regulations on Approving and Managing Temporary Places of Worship for Religious Activities
By State Administration for Religious Affairs, June 08, 2018 01:06 AM
On June 1, 2018, the State Administration for Religious Affairs announced the regulations on the approval and management of temporary sites for religious activities to public.
The new law was based on Article 35 of the revised regulations on religious affairs that came into effect on February. The article states that for religious believers who often need to attend group religious activities are not disqualified to apply for a place of worship, a religious representative can apply to a religious affairs bureau of county-level people's government that can approve a provisional place of worship.
The regulations require shall be at least two or three representatives of religious citizens for a temporary place of worship who are responsible of daily management. One of the representatives shall be the main manager. The provisional place of worship's period of validity is three years.
The following behaviors shall not occur in a temporary place for religious activities:
- massive religious activities
- compiling, printing, and distributing internal religious publications, selling religious articles, artistic works, and publications
- building open religious statues
- setting up religious markers outside a temporary activity site Holding religious education training
- carrying out social activities in the name of a temporary activity site
- allowing people who fail to obtain or are deprived of clerical qualification to practice in the name of clergies
- accepting donations from overseas organizations or individuals and allowing overseas people to be engaged in activities
- other behaviors forbidden by laws, rules, and norms
- Translated by Karen Luo
More from CCD
After years of being abandoned, several baptism shrines in the Jordan River can now be reopened.
What is America's deadline for the signing of a trade agreement with China?
The city government of Sanya to introduce new flights to the city next year.
Electric cars will find it easier to drive around Tianjin thanks to this new project.
A new report emphasizes the importance of getting emissions reduced down.
Three new railway lines will be constructed in Chongqing.
On November 22, 2018, the revised municipal regulations on religious affairs was approved by voters, becoming the first local version of the religious regulations.
Another case of African swine fever is reported in Beijing.
Why did this Bible inscribed by Albert Einstein failed to get sold?
More challenges face China as air pollution remains a problem for the country.