SARA Promulgates Regulations on Approving and Managing Temporary Places of Worship for Religious Activities
By State Administration for Religious Affairs, June 08, 2018 01:06 AM
On June 1, 2018, the State Administration for Religious Affairs announced the regulations on the approval and management of temporary sites for religious activities to public.
The new law was based on Article 35 of the revised regulations on religious affairs that came into effect on February. The article states that for religious believers who often need to attend group religious activities are not disqualified to apply for a place of worship, a religious representative can apply to a religious affairs bureau of county-level people's government that can approve a provisional place of worship.
The regulations require shall be at least two or three representatives of religious citizens for a temporary place of worship who are responsible of daily management. One of the representatives shall be the main manager. The provisional place of worship's period of validity is three years.
The following behaviors shall not occur in a temporary place for religious activities:
- massive religious activities
- compiling, printing, and distributing internal religious publications, selling religious articles, artistic works, and publications
- building open religious statues
- setting up religious markers outside a temporary activity site Holding religious education training
- carrying out social activities in the name of a temporary activity site
- allowing people who fail to obtain or are deprived of clerical qualification to practice in the name of clergies
- accepting donations from overseas organizations or individuals and allowing overseas people to be engaged in activities
- other behaviors forbidden by laws, rules, and norms
- Translated by Karen Luo
More from CCD
A huge penalty will be given to the Chinese vaccine maker after the vaccine scandal.
The Partnership of AI welcomes its first Chinese member.
The first overseas Tesla Gigafactory will be in China.
African swine fever continues to threaten China's pig farms.
Throughout her life, my aunt keeps the fervor and true heart for the Lord and evangelism.
The Spanish Catholic Church is taking an active step against child sex abuse.
Google creates new set of rules for Android device manufacturers.
A Chinese woman kills her children then herself after her husband fakes death.
Palestinians will get a better voice in the United Nations next year.
Are there conflicting views on marriage in the Chinese church?