SARA Promulgates Regulations on Approving and Managing Temporary Places of Worship for Religious Activities
By State Administration for Religious Affairs, June 08, 2018 01:06 AM
On June 1, 2018, the State Administration for Religious Affairs announced the regulations on the approval and management of temporary sites for religious activities to public.
The new law was based on Article 35 of the revised regulations on religious affairs that came into effect on February. The article states that for religious believers who often need to attend group religious activities are not disqualified to apply for a place of worship, a religious representative can apply to a religious affairs bureau of county-level people's government that can approve a provisional place of worship.
The regulations require shall be at least two or three representatives of religious citizens for a temporary place of worship who are responsible of daily management. One of the representatives shall be the main manager. The provisional place of worship's period of validity is three years.
The following behaviors shall not occur in a temporary place for religious activities:
- massive religious activities
- compiling, printing, and distributing internal religious publications, selling religious articles, artistic works, and publications
- building open religious statues
- setting up religious markers outside a temporary activity site Holding religious education training
- carrying out social activities in the name of a temporary activity site
- allowing people who fail to obtain or are deprived of clerical qualification to practice in the name of clergies
- accepting donations from overseas organizations or individuals and allowing overseas people to be engaged in activities
- other behaviors forbidden by laws, rules, and norms
- Translated by Karen Luo
More from CCD
A symposium on foreign Christians' worshipping was organized by the Shanghai Bureau of Ethnic and Religious Affairs and the Shanghai China Christian Council (CCC) & Three-Self Patriotic Movement (TSPM) and held on January 1, 2019.
A miracle occurred after a dangerous gas explosion rocked Russia on Monday.
Learn the contents of the Pope's New Year Address for 2019.
New railway lines will be seen in China this year according to the national railway operators.
Chinese President Xi Jinping sends a US President Donald Trump a special message as part of the 40th anniversary of US-Chinese relations.
The highest court in China will be looking into the intellectual property rights cases raised by the United States.
Chinese gamers will now be able to expect new games to be released in the market soon.
Breeder pigs and piglets can now be transported around China.
A traditional Chinese medicine firm is currently on scrutiny after a viral case went online in China.
Check out the details of the successful flight of China's very own jet.