With above 200 believers now, Liangfeng’ao Church in Lvnan Village, Tianxing Town, Daguan County, Zhaotong City, Yunnan Province, is 25 kilometers away from the seat of Tianxing Township Government.
Christianity was introduced into Daguan County at the end of the Qing Dynasty (1636-1912), and most of the believers were Miao people.
In 1904, British missionaries James Adam and Samuel Pollard built a church to share the gospel in Hezhang County, Hexian County, Guizhou Province, with the surrounding Miao people attending the service.
In 1909, Miao people named Wang Zhenke, Wang Zhengyin, and Zhang John bought land in Daguan County with 161 taels of silver (about 161,000 yuan).
After being shut down and demolished, the church was finally rebuilt in August 2008, followed by reconstruction being completed in September 2017.