A Guangdong church celebrated its 112th anniversary and the 30th anniversary of its reopening in a Thanksgiving service.
On November 21 in Jianggao Church, Guangzhou, Rev. Wang Chunren preached in the morning service, while Rev. Chen Suisheng in the afternoon.
In the celebration, the church staff gave out black umbrellas with long handles as gifts, which meant that the Lord would protect us for a long time. The black represented the covering of all the sins, and white characters showed that believers were free from sin and that they could live a holy life as a good witness to the Lord.
Located in Gaotangxu, Jianggao Town, Jianggao Church is the only church in the Baiyun District. Built in 1909 together with hospitals, schools, and dormitories by foreign pastors from New Zealand, the church was razed to the ground by Japanese bombing raids in 1938. It was rebuilt on its original site in 1945 after the victory of the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression. After being reopened in 1991, it was restored to its original appearance at the same location.
- Translate by Abigail Wu